Discussion: Changes to fighting game tagging

Currently fighting games are handled really weird, mostly because how fighting games are handled within video games in general is really weird. I'm not entirely satisfied with the mess they create so I'm proposing some new standards

• Tag all characters from any particular game in the franchise as only the game.
  • If a costume is specific to only a certain game or a combination of characters only appears in a certain game tag as that game.

These two things combined should make it far easier to organize. Currently the tags are basically "tag the first thing in which a character appears" but honestly I can't think of any reason to do this anymore. It makes writing wikis a pain in the ass, forces me to check every damn character for their origins and if they have a costume unique to a game, makes me do even more research to verify this is the correct game. All of this doesn't really help searches as rosters in fighting games generally carry over from one game to the next plus a couple characters.

This is a pretty big change so I'd like some discussion before we do anything.

I'm fine with organizing it as you see fit but I can't guarantee I'll know the who/what/whens as I don't play many fighting games.